Twinkle Beds Sleep Tips
Article compliments of Twinkle Beds
40% Off Discount Code: DRTJPHELPS
Quality sleep is essential to feeling your best. Here are some helpful sleep tips to consider.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink.
Consider your drinking and eating habits. The content, amounts, and timing of what you eat and drink throughout the day can have a large impact on the quality of your night’s sleep.
- Caffeine stimulates your nervous system and can prevent you from relaxing while trying to fall asleep. Avoid caffeine in the late afternoon and evening to alleviate any trouble sleeping.
- Proper hydration throughout the day is important and also beneficial to your body’s proper function and ability to rest. However, you should limit your liquid intake late evening, especially a couple hours before bed. This will prevent sleep disruption and the need to get up in the night.
- Try not to eat large or heavy meals in the evening as this can prevent restful sleep and make you uncomfortable. On the flipside, you want to avoid going to bed overly hungry or thirsty since these can be disruptive as well.
Include physical activity in your daily routine.
Exercise can be one of the best ways to improve not only your physical and mental help, but can improve your sleep as well. You should find a routine that works best for you. Some find morning is the best time to exercise, allowing for a deep sleep at night. Others find that exercise in the evening helps reduce stress and leave the body tired ready for sleep. Whatever works best for you, getting exercise in can release tension that may keep you up at night.
Limit daytime naps.
Short power naps can be beneficial, but long or irregular napping during the day can interfere with nighttime sleep. Try to limit your naps to 30 minutes and avoid doing so late in the day.
Stress and anxiety can cause many negative effects on your life and sleep. Here are a couple things you can try to decrease those negative effects:
- Meditation can clear and calm your mind and help your body relax. There are many great meditation techniques and apps available online.
- Deep breathing exercises can help you feel good, calm your nerves, and reduce anxiety.
- Planning and/or Journaling allows you to write down what is on your mind and set it aside for tomorrow.
- Improve your organization through setting priorities and delegating tasks.
- Take a hot bath or foot bath. This is a great way to help you and your muscles relax.
Have a consistent sleep schedule.
Having a routine sleep schedule can help your body to achieve deep consistent sleep.
- Go to sleep and wake up at regular times as much as possible.
- Recommended sleep length for a healthy adult is 7-8 hours. Most people can attain sufficient sleep within this time frame.
- If you’re having trouble falling asleep, go to another room and try a relaxing activity such as listening to calming music or reading. Return to sleep when you again feel tired.
Create a restful environment.
A bedroom environment can play a big part in your sleep. Temperature, noise and external lights may have an effect on your sleep.
Find your optimum mattress and pillow.
Bed quality can significantly affect your sleep. Take into consideration the current condition of your bed and whether it is still effective for you. If you are uncomfortable, waking up, and/or you wake up with aches and pains, you may want to consider making a change.
40% Off Discount Code: DRTJPHELPS